My Baby Girl

Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's in 2 months?

2 months until my due date, until my life turns upside down and is forever changed - I can't believe it! I know I most likely won't deliver ON that day, but it's enough of a rough estimate to start getting a little nervous. There's very few times in your life when you can predict something coming that will indeed change every aspect of your life from that day moving forward. I think about my first day at my new high school, the day my parents dropped me off for college, the day I moved from Colorado to California for a new job, the day I got married. The funny part about this momentous occasion is even with all of the reading, planning, preparing, thinking, etc - I really don't know exactly what I'm getting myself into. It's scary and exciting at the same time. Everyone says a lot of it is instinct, I really hope that falls into my lap when it's all said and done.

I'm also now quite obsessed with labor and delivery - I never really gave it much thought until now. I think you hear stories and know a little bit about the process - but I can't get my hands on enough stories of birth. How was yours, statistically how many births end up in unplanned c-section, did it hurt, was it long, the questions are endless! I found this website that helps to create a birth plan - there are so many things on that list I'm clueless about. I'm going to take the list to my prenatal classes and get some help some of these 'decisions' - it's really not just 'give me drugs'!

Dan's off to 'daddy boot camp' tonight - our friend Shaun (due 2 weeks before us) and Dan will go with a bunch of other 'dad's to be' and figure out how to change a diaper and swaddle a baby. I cannot WAIT to hear how it goes!

3 comments:

SWTrigal said...

PLEASE have Dan take pics tonite with his Iphone!
:)

Tania said...

I want to hear all about it to! I haven't ever heard of that before! The thing to remember with all the stories, good and bad.. and statistics.. Is you are your own person and you will have your own story. I don't know about you, but I haven't ever heard 2 that are alike. So use the info you get from all resorces as what has happened to them, not necessarily what will happen to you! you will make yourself nuts! hehehehe love you cuz!!!
Tania

Alice Trieu said...

rebs, the birth plan is to not have a plan. The plan is pretty much dictated by the baby. If the baby is head down, and tolerating the birthing process, then most unlikely you won't end up in c-section. Do whatever feels right for you, your body will tell you what you need, don't get scared or read other people's birthing story. Everyone is unique, and when the time comes, your body will know exactly what to do! Just remember this whole process is about pain management, and if the pain is too much and you find yourself going to pass out, take the epidural! It's OK!!! The most important thing is that baby comes out healthy and crying! I wish you the best! I will be thinking about you on 11/18!! or starting 11/1....You will be FINE!!!!