My Baby Girl

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I won the race...averaging 20 min miles!

I feel like I'm back at the beginning of my pregnancy. I remember counting the days waiting to get to that so important 12 week mark and here I sit waiting for 40 - wow the time has flown! I have a friend who has been prego with me and she was due 2 weeks before me - she had her baby yesterday. He is soooo cute and TINY! unbelievable. It got Dan so excited he's about to burst!

I've been walking...and walking and walking... trying to do 3-5 miles a day. get this baby movin! It's funny when I'm normally active and running, I push myself to run 9 min miles. I have new goals now - if I go on the trails behind my house I try to walk a 20 min mile - woohoo! yesterday I did 3 miles and averaged a 21 minute pace, with one break in the middle to eat a snack. far cry from slamming a gu on a 10 miler - LOL!

no progress at my last appointment, still fingertip dialated. I go back again on Friday. we are meeting with our doula tonight, she's a women who is going to help Dan and I through the whole labor process - she's already helped a ton with preparation - we are really excited to have her work with us.

work...uuughgghggg...only a week and a half left, enough already!

5 comments:

SWTrigal said...

You go kiddo!! That is exciting about the other baby here..Go Hadley!

Molly said...

That's one thing our children teach us - PATIENCE! Even before they are born!
UGH!!! What a lesson!
Great job at keeping up with your walking! You are awesome Becca
Love, Aunt Molly

Alice Trieu said...

You are almost there! Good luck and can't wait to see baby picture!

Tania said...

It is so good for you to stay active right now! Will make labor easier! But... if you go too far from home... or not... keep your phone with you just in case! :) love ya!! You are in the home strech now!!
Tania

Peggy said...

Jenny & Toby loved having a doula. I wish I had one, at least the first time around; it might have saved me having a c-section. I'm praying for a safe delivery and that she will come right on (her) time.
Love, Aunt Peggy