My Baby Girl

Monday, July 23, 2007

Bunny Show

Rest of my weekend was great....ran my 5 miles on Saturday, went to the horse race track afterwards. Michelle and Craig came with us, they ended up winning $750!! Crazy!! Yesterday I ran 3 miles in the AM (it was 80 degrees by 9am - HOT!!), and then Dan's parents came over for a barbecue. We had a nice time, and I made Linda's key lime pie which turned out wonderful!

Recently we've had a bit of a 'bunny' issue at my house. The darn little guys keep falling into our window wells. It's now happened 3 times. We finally bought window well covers, but one of the covers was too small and it blew off. This last occurance (just after the wind took off our make-shift cover) was especially sad because there were 2 little bunnies sitting on this little piece of newspaper snuggling in the well. Because I cannot bear the thought of these little creatures starving and dying of heat down there, I make Dan get his shovel and bucket and scoop them out. He's been setting them 'free' in the open space behind our house. Last month, I purchased a new treadmill, which is in our basement - now every day I'm down there on bunny watch! It's seriously animal planet gone bad! Anyway, after all of that drama with the twins, yesterday I found one of them dead under a tree in my backyard. So now I'm starting to wonder if I should just starting feeding and raising these bunnies in my wells, perhaps they would have a better chance at survival!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up B

carmeezie said...

Save the bunnies!

Unknown said...

Save the bunnies Bec! I would be worried too! Good luck with the training!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could try doing to the bunnies what jockies do to horses when they break they legs.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I prefer "they" to "their", so get used to it! I am anonymous, I don't care what people think. But if you knew who i be then I would care. But I'm ANONYMOUS so I don't care!

Anonymous said...

Good words.