My Baby Girl

Friday, July 20, 2007

My first entry

Well...I have decided to enter the world of blogging! My mom has been on blogspot for a couple of months, it seems like an easy way to journal and keep track of life's interesting events. I can type about 10 times faster than I can write, so keying a paragraph or two each week shouldn't be too hard.

My week has been crazy! I found out I had pink eye, but it really turned out to be a sinus infection gone bad. I'm now on eye drops, nasal spray, antibiotics, vicks vapo-rub, tylenol, a tea for cold and sinus - what next! I've been to the doctor twice, I ended up having to go to urgent care as my regular doctor is out of town. I saw the same doctor 2 days in a row, I think he thought I was a total nutbag. Dan (my husband) has been afraid to come near me, he keeps telling me I have the bubonic (pronounced boobonic) plague. It's pretty funny, when you tell someone you have pink eye, they really do react as if you have the plague. Honestly, it's really not the end of the world and you are only contageous for 24 hours after you start treatment! Dan was so paranoid at the urgent care facility, he was putting on Purel Hand Sanitizer every 10 minutes. Not sure why he was so concerned, he'd been living with bubonic for the past week!

I'm excited for the weekend....we have a barbecue with Dan's parents on Sunday, and I'm going on a 5 mile run with a friend of mine tomorrow morning. I haven't worked out once this week, so we'll see how it goes. I desperately need to clean and do laundry, not sure how motivated I will be to do that!

No comments: