My Baby Girl

Sunday, July 29, 2007

I Love Chip Janga

The weekend is flying by! I 'took off' a little early from work on Friday, and decided to head over to the mall to shop for a wedding shower gift for my friend Jackie (her shower was yesterday). I quote 'took off', as a I work from home, so really it's a decision to shut my computer down early! The wedding shower was an 'around the clock' theme, and I had 9pm....so my gift had to be something she could use at that time. I was trying to find something on her registry but I was having the hardest time! I ended up with a gift certificate. I came home and Dan told me I was going to be the joke of the party if I showed up to a themed shower with a GIFT CERTIFICATE. So....he graciously offered to take me back to the mall for a second round of shopping. We ended up with a cute gift from Willams Sonoma, a chocolate/dessert cookbook and a set to make a decidant chocolate cake.

I ran 4.5 miles with Michelle early Saturday morning, we had a ton to chat about so it went by really fast! Her and I carpooled to the shower together, it was in the new Stapleton area, which was very cute! Jackie is marrying my college friend Karl, the shower was at Karl's sisters' house. She was an awesome host, we had a great time.

Last night we went to the Rockies/Dodgers game, we had 11th row seats on the 3rd baseline! Great tickets, though I wasn't really paying attention too much to the game, I'm not sure they were worth the cash. Rockies won - yah! We took our friends Mike and Kate, it was fun to catch up. Afterwards we ended up at a Karaoke bar....it is THE best bar in denver. We joined up with Craig and Michelle...none of us decided to sing, but we had a ball singing along with the crowd!! We made up a new game called 'chip Janga' - we were trying to build a Janga tower with the tortilla chips at our table, it was awesome and very entertaining. We all drank too much and Dan and I ended up cabbing it home, let's just say it was a rough ride home for Dan! ;-)

Back to work tomorrow, I hope this week flies we are camping next weekend!

No comments: