My Baby Girl

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Extra Crunchy Salad

I'm about to go on my 5-mile run. I'm running with my good friend Michelle. We've decided to train for a 10K which is in Buena Vista on Sept 15. I've learned that I need something to train for to be motivated to get my butt off the couch! I'm not really wanting to train for anything overly crazy, and I'm really excited Michelle agreed to do it with me.

Last night, we had dinner with Craig and Michelle at a place called 'Ted's Montana Grill'. They are known for their buffalo meat, which is YUM-MY. We had an interesting experience there last night....we sat down and our server 'Andre' came over. He made a couple of really bad jokes, took our drink and appetizer orders - so far so good. Then he took our dinner order - I ordered a buffalo burger and decided to sub my fries for a dinner salad, Dan ordered their special 'prime rib', michelle ordered a veggie burger, and Craig ordered a steak. A few minutes later my salad comes out, I take about two bites and then notice a dead fly on my lettuce!! At the very moment I realize it, Andre is at our table. He takes it, brings me another. Then about 20 minutes later, Andre comes over again and tells Dan that he had put his prime rib order in, but another server took it and they are now out! He brings the rest of our food over, before Dan even puts his second order in! On top of all of this, Craig's potato doesn't have the right fixings and the beer Dan orders is not available because they don't have any cold. I think poor Andre really just wanted us to leave! Food all in all ended up being pretty good, no more bugs were found, and we got 50% off our bill. Total cost for all 4 of us (including ALL drinks, our appetizers and dessert) was $60! I guess all of that hassle was worth it!

2 comments:

becoloradogirl said...

Test

carmeezie said...

Bad food experiences follow Dan around and make him madder and madder.