My Baby Girl

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Magic Winecake Party

Tonight Dan and I are going to a wine tasting party at the home of our friends Mike and Kate. Mike just opened a Pasquini's restaurant (Italian joint) near downtown denver - he has a wine selection on his menu but wants to add more, so he's having friends over to taste the new booze choices. Mike is a quirk and decided he also wants to have a magician at his party. And in case a wine-tasting magical party isn't enough, he requested that Dan and I bring a white sheet cake for dessert (his favorite).



Dan and I went on Sunday to order the cake from the grocery store, and our original idea was to get a cake that had a 'magic trick' theme...we had zero luck finding that. We then decided to try and find the funniest cake possible. You wouldn't believe some of the choices we had. I think you will be impressed with the cake we found (see picture).


This cake is funny on so many levels. First off, it is one of those iron-on cakes. I have no idea how it's done, but I do know it's super janky. Also, notice the bad frosting around the edges. Now for the actual picture - WHO on earth would actually order this cake...seriously? 'Congratulations on crashing your car' , 'Happy Birthday, don't crash your car like this guy did'. And look at the guy (Dan is calling him Al) - he gets out of his car and makes a face like 'oops I crapped my pants'. We put a very cheesy inscription 'hope your party is a smash', I can't wait for the party!

1 comment:

carmeezie said...

I was beginning to think you forgot about your blog.